The Berlin Economic Forum Project
The Berlin Economic Forum Project 2014-24 is a 10 year global project organized by the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy in partnership with global governance organizations, national governments, leading academic institutions and multinational corporations. The project is built on the experience that the Academy has gained with the previous project: the Berlin International Economics Project 2010-14 www.biec.de.
The Berlin Economic Forum Project 2014-24 aims to promote a global dialogue and understanding of the field of international economics and its relations with related disciplines such as politics & diplomacy, humanities, the arts and beyond. In particular, the project will raise awareness and focus on issues such as sustainable development, environmental responsibility, economic inequalities, fair-trade, corporate social responsibility, and socially responsible investments.
The project will include different components including annual meetings, international conferences & events, education and exchange programs, youth programs, and extensive research and publications in the field. The international conferences and events will take place in over 100 different major cities around the world and on 5 continents. In addition, educational and graduate programs will be established to enable further leading academic degrees in the field.
The project has the vision to create, through its networks & participants, a significant number of innovative follow-up initiatives and programs in order to further the dialogue and to create a sustainable impact over the next 10 years.
The following events will take place throughout the years 2014-24:
- Berlin Economic Forum 2018 »"Sustainable Business & Responsible Investments"
(Berlin; March 7th - 11th, 2018) more
- Berlin Economic Forum 2017 »"Innovative Nation Branding: Creative Economies, Sustainable Tourism & Responsible Foreign Investments"
(Berlin; March 8th - 12th, 2017) more
- Berlin Economic Forum 2016 »"Innovative Nation Branding: Creative Economies, Sustainable Tourism & Responsible Foreign Investments"
(Berlin; March 9th - 13th, 2016) more
- Dialogue about Cuba »The Role of the European Union & Spain (Madrid; October 20th, 2015) more
- The International Symposium on Creative Industries, Culinary Innovation and Performing Arts » "Benefits, Uses and Contributions to Global Politics, Diplomacy, Sustainable Economics and Multiculturalism" (Berlin; July 28th - August 1st, 2015) more
- Berlin Economic Forum 2015 » "Innovative Nation Branding: Creative Economies, Sustainable Tourism & Responsible Foreign Investments" Held Parallel to the Berlin International Tourism Trade Fair (ITB)
(International Conference, Berlin; March 4th - 7th, 2015) more
- Berlin Economic Forum 2014-24 (Project Launch Event) » "Sustainable Economies, Sustainable Technologies, Sustainable Industries„ (Berlin; November 8th - 12th, 2014 - Held Parallel to the Berlin Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall) more